Brief Description of the Scholarship
The purpose of the SoLAR Conference Scholarship is to increase the diversity of the Society’s membership supporting individuals in the field of learning analytics who live and work in regions of the world that are underrepresented at LAK to attend the conference.
The scholarship covers the following expenses:
- Full registration for the conference including attendance to the conference dinner.
- Pre-conference workshops/tutorials. Up to a maximum of one full day workshop per day or a total of 4 half day workshops over the two days. Pre-registration for pre-conference events is required.
- 5 nights accommodation during the event (budget will be set by SoLAR & accommodation options will be provided).
- Complimentary one year membership for SoLAR.
The scholarship does not cover expenses derived from travelling to the conference venue. The scholarship is a one-time award and by accepting it, successful applicants will no longer be eligible to apply for future LAK Conference Scholarships.
Guidelines and Eligibility Criteria
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Are able to and will attend the full conference.
- Have submitted a document to any of the conference categories (full or short research paper, practitioner report, workshop, or poster/demo).
- Are willing to write a short summary about their experience at LAK for SoLAR if requested.
- Have not attended the LAK conference previously and have limited funding or support to attend LAK.
- Have not previously received any SoLAR scholarship or grant.
- Are living & working OR living & studying in regions underrepresented at LAK such as: Africa, Central America, South America, Russia, Middle East, Asia, Eastern Europe.
The application process is now open and will close on November 1 at 23:59 GMT-12 (AOE Timezone). Only complete submissions received before the deadline will be considered. There are two steps to the application process:
- To apply fill out the application found here: https://forms.gle/U71rLKEHj2jrMg3AA
- Have a manager/supervisor/advisor submit a letter of support including a statement that the applicant complies with the selection criteria. Submit letters of support to email@example.com.
Additional Information required for application
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Current Employment or Student Status
- Position title
- Institution and/or Employer
- Your Easychair Submission ID
- A statement regarding how the applicant complies with the eligibility criteria and the applicant’s financial need
- A statement of how attending the conference will assist in the applicant’s role, future career or research
The applications will be reviewed by the Inclusion Working Group, sub-committee of the SoLAR Executive. The applicants will be selected on the basis of eligibility criteria and the quality of the application.
Successful applicants will be notified no later than January 15, 2020.